A simple module to show a listing of files in a particular folder (within media manager) which shows the file names as links. If the file name has "_" (underscores) in them, then the displayed link shows as a space for aesthetic purposes.
Click on the above link to download the module, save to your local machine and then install using the Joomla! installation process. Once installed, goto the modules listing and edit the parameters to suit your needs. Updates will use the Joomla! update system.
The options available are reasonably simple. Select the folder from the dropdown list or enter the folder manually in the free form text field. The folder is relative to the media folder (images). Select the file type so that only the files with that type (extension) will appear in the displayed list. Select the sort order. If you want to set the height of the module display, switch the List Height on and set the number of pixels for the height. This is handy if you have many files to display but don't want the module display to run down the page too far.
Latest Update: 05 July 2019
- Change over to namespaces - suitable for Joomla! version 4.0
Warning: this version will only work for Joomla! version 3.9 and above.
- Add order by option for file modified date - suitable for Joomla! version 3.8
Warning: this option may produce strange results as there is a possibility of having multiple files with the exact same date when they were last modified.
- Add order by option for sorting files - suitable for Joomla! version 3.8
- Add scrolling and view height to help with large lists
- Add option to select type of documents to list
- Initial version of the code - suitable for Joomla! version 3.5